Sunday, June 18, 2006

Shaq and Chiropractic


If you read the postgame report after Game 4 of the NBA finals earlier this week, you might've read Shaq's response to a rough foul by Jerry Stackhouse.
"It actually felt pretty good to get hit like that. Thank you, Jerry, I appreciate it"
But if you watched or listened to Shaq's postgame interview in full, you would've heard him continue to say something along the lines of:
"He loosened me up pretty good. He saved me a trip to the chiropractor, saved me 50 bucks."
While he didn't say it specifically, it sounded pretty obvious that Shaq supports chiropractic and knows the benefit it brings. I can only guess that stems from some positive personal experience. I am not saying that Shaq's opinion on chiropractic should hold any extra weight since his expertise lies within basketball. However, I still want to thank the Diesel for giving a shout-out to chiropractic amidst all the media coverage during this year's championship series.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

This is very true, I did not think of the connection. Very interesting.

So, what benefits does a chiropractor offer?

Take care

10:36 PM  
Blogger Les Chui said...

I'm glad you asked that Chris. In short, chiropractors are great at diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal injuries. That is why we have seen an explosion of chiropractors being staffed on professional sports teams and the US Olympic Organization. There are many more benefits, but I will only name the #1 benefit here in the limited space I have. I will definitely write more on this topic. So did you catch Shaq's interview?

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home