Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hobnobbing with Bloggers



I joined in on all the fun last night at Hotel Utah where 50 or so other bloggers congregated. There was a mish mash of bloggers: different topics, different personal backgrounds, different blogging experiences. We all came together because of the blogosphere. You can see that we took over the bar on a Tuesday night. Had a lot of interesting conversations with people I would've otherwise never met.

Some of my highlights -

  • I showed up early before the mass of humanity arrived and got to meet Shel Israel, author of Naked Conversations - a book that Jeremiah Owyang champions regularly.
  • Learned about Greg Narain's company - Social Roots.
  • Thanks for the great marketing tips and advice I got from Mario Sundar.
  • Finally got to meet Chris Salazar who I heard on a podcast a few weeks back. He didn't deem me worthy enough to grab one of his business cards. Just kidding Chris. (Inside joke)
  • Met Olivia Trieu, who is planning to start blogging on health tips and astrology. We also found out we're fellow alums from the same high school. Hopefully Olivia and I can collaborate on future blogs, I think it's in the stars ;)
  • Shared some personal thoughts with Shirley about the wonders of the universe.
  • Oh yeah! I got interviewed by Jeremiah for a future podcast with The Podcast Roundtable.
To summarize: good beer, great people, great conversations, great drive home (no traffic since the Giants were on the road). But I did miss NBA Game 3. I hear it was a great 4th quarter. Obviously bloggers aren't necessarily big sports fans. What a pity!

Thanks for the invite again Jeremiah!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Sorry about not having any cards. I gotta work on that soon!

Keep up the good work here! Im impressed...you've only been blogging for a few weeks!

Take care and see you next time!

-Chris

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les,

Great meeting you yesterday. I think you're blazing a new path for chiropractors all over the world with your blog.

Keep up the great work.

-Mario

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jeremiah Owyang said...

It was so great to have you there Les, You're not alone as a blogger, your network will grow and expand across time and space.

Thanks for showing up --it's good to have the diversity that your blog brings.

keep at it

9:35 PM  
Blogger Les Chui said...

Jeremiah,

I'm looking forward to future meetings. For a new blogger like me, it helps to see some real faces behind the blogs: to remind me the networks built in the blogosphere is indeed very real.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Les Chui said...

Chris,

No worries about the card, I've got your url! We can certainly keep in touch that way. Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to hanging out again too!

Les

11:58 PM  
Blogger Les Chui said...

Mario,

Glad we got to speak before we both decided to head out and call it a night. Thanks for the encouragement. Despite some early hurdles, I believe my blog will continue to gain momentum.

Les

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les,

It was good to meet you as well and definitely a fun time was had by all.

Now if you sign up your great content, we'll get you going!

Hope to see you again soon.
Greg

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home